23 October 2018

Genealogy, Other Stuff, & Waiting... Too Long

Let's face it; many of us are procrastinators. In genealogy we should not wait too long to do tasks such as contacting people. No one knows how long someone will be upright until they lay down and head to the "marble orchard" as one of my grandfathers called the cemetery. I have waited to long to contact a distant cousin and when I did I unfortunately found out that my relative/contact had passed away. My loss.

Today, I waited too long to plug an upcoming event at Albany Rural Cemetery. A historic haunted walking tour at the cemetery scheduled for 27 October 2018. Only last night I discovered this event, I had intentions for spreading the word about it today, and today it is sold out. As the old saying goes, "the early bird gets the worm."

No comments:

Post a Comment