29 February 2020

RootsTech 2020 : Day 1 Recap

So much to see, do, and learn about at RootsTech. My day was full with lots of action. Early morning sessions started at 8 AM. This was easy for me since I am at work by 5:45 AM when I work the day shift.  But I am sure difficult for some.


Salt Palace Convention Center

Crowds were large but everyone passed through the hallways with ease. Everyone was in a great mood. Never once did I see a frowning face. The pictures below do no justice for the size of the crowds. Attendees came from 55 different countries and 49 out of 50 states. West Virginia was the only state without representation here. There was a nice addition that I noticed that helped ease traversing through hallways - large circles in the center of the hallways with directional arrows to the rooms.



Some of the sessions that I attended included tracks on

  • Accrediation
  • Dutch Ancestry
  • DNA
Informational signs were placed everywhere.


Wheelchairs and lift rides were readily available for those who required help.


The general vibe of the conference was full of energy and fun. I was able to conduct a verbal interview of a couple, Arquaro and Raquel. They were originally from Peru. This was their first RootsTech conference and they were truly enjoying themselves. Their main goal was to learn new techniques for researching their ancestors.

The presentation rooms were of varying sizes. Most were able to handle the masses. In the video below, check out the size of this particular room. Many presentations were filmed with high quality filmmaking equipment.




No comments:

Post a Comment