31 January 2019

On this Date

Today while researching one of my Flemish lines, van Leijenborch, I discovered that today is the 350th anniversary of the death of my first cousin ten times removed, Elijzabetha van Leijenborgh. She was born in Weelde, Antwerpen, Belgium on 20 December 1631 and died on 31 January 1669. She was buried in Weelde three days later.

Here is a scan from the burial records of St. Michael Parish in Weelde. Her record is at the bottom of the scan.


She was the daughter of Sebastianus Henrici Michaelis van Leijenborch (c. 1587 - 14 July 1649) and Helena Joannis Gijsberti (c. 1589 - buried 08 September 1659).

This is an example of how genealogical records between different countries are like comparing apples to oranges. Some of my ancestral lines so far can only be traced back to my great great grandparents. However this Dutch/Flemish line can be traced back to my 10th great grandfather. All genealogical records are not created equal. Elijzabetha, mentioned above is the niece of my 9th great grandfather, Joannes Henrici van Leijenborch.







No comments:

Post a Comment