- Rensselaer County Surrogate Court Records - estate files for over 30,000 residents of the county between 1791 and 1915 used for genealogy and other historical research projects.
- Burden Iron Works Archives - documents the company's impact worldwide from this 19th-century manufacturing company.
- Photographic Collection - 10,000 images of people, places, events from the early 1840s to the early 2000s.
- Hart and Cluett Family Records - records and artifacts extensively documenting the Hart-Cluett Mansion.
- Historical Clothing and textiles, furniture and decorative art objects, tools, stoves and cast iron collection, dating from the late 18th century to present.
- Maps, city and county directories, cemetery records, church records, community organization archives, county home records and numerous other newspapers, and records
The RCHS is located in the Hart-Cluett House located at
57 Second Street
Troy, New York 12180
Membership offers free passes and discounts for its programs and use of the library. Various levels of membership include
Aside from the Society's outstanding webpage, the RCHS has a strong web presence on Facebook and on Twitter @RensCoHistSoc