29 March 2018

Examples of Bad Gravestone Restoration

A new video was created to show what bad gravestone repairs look like. Recently I was driving North on Route 9 from Latham into Crescent and noticed the Fonda Cemetery. I have driven this stretch of road numerous times and had never noticed the tiny cemetery with the white fence just in from the road. Of course I had to stop on my way back and I was not pleasantly surprised with what I found. The small cemetery was restored by someone or a group who used the wrong techniques.

The video consists of a brief intro that leads into the actual cemetery footage and concludes with a short critique of what was done incorrectly. As I mention great intentions led to incorrect methods. People need to know their limitations and when questions arise... find the answer before moving forward.


The video was removed at the suggestion of one of my family members. My critique was too harsh for someone who was attempting to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment