27 September 2017

Overstretched

Lately, for many reasons I have not been able to post to this blog. Having a full plate is usually good but sometimes we can overstretch ourselves. I have been wrapped up in too many things all at once. Work had me scheduled for numerous extra shifts. We hosted a large Oktoberfest party for family and friends. Home remodeling projects were in the mix also. The evening before Oktoberfest I gave a presentation at the Historic Society of Esquatak and have another lecture planned on October 7th for the New York Palatines to America German Genealogy Society. The kids had to be brought here and there. It was discovered that one of my great great great grandmothers, Caroline Gertrude Rifenburgh, is descended from 1710 Palatine immigrants to New York. Sources and data on this will obviously need to be verified. Finally, numerous trips to the dermatologist resulted in two procedures where melanoma and basal cell cancers were cut from my face and neck. Photos are purposely omitted. Thirty plus years of working outside finally caught up to me. Cemetery work will now include the application of sun block. Things are now slowing down and getting back to the old routine therefore blog posts should become regular again.

No comments:

Post a Comment