29 February 2020

Salt Lake City : Ambassador's Dinner

Wow, after a long flight and a three hour layover in Atlanta, I am finally in Salt Lake City (SLC) for RootsTech 2020! The flight was uneventful; just a long day that began at 3 AM. But, now ready for the conference.

A view from the window


After checking in at the Hilton Hotel, which has excellent accomodations, it was off to the Family History Library for some research. While at the library I was flattered when a woman, Lynn, asked me if I was Chris White. Well, "yes I am." In a moment our connection became apparent; a couple of years ago I brought Lynn and her husband Jim to the van Rensselaer Family Burial Grounds that I was in the process of restoring. Lynn was in SLC doing research and getting ready for RootsTech.


Family History Library



   

Short-term Office




Later it was off to the Ambassador's Dinner. It was great to connect with other genealogists that I follow on social media; putting a face with the name. Also seeing other fellow genealogists that I have not seen since the last conference. And to meet and make friends with new contacts. Dinner was excellent and numerous RootsTech organizers gave motivation talks to get Ambassadors pyched for the conference.

Group photo of Ambassadors
Photo courtesy Elizabeth Miller via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment