28 November 2017

Tombstone Tuesday : True Story

Tombstone Tuesday this week is not a photo but a story that occurred yesterday. Colder weather and a broken wing have me researching my family tree now. Yesterday we went to the Albany Rural Cemetery office to drop off a list of plots that I was looking for information about. After that, I decided to find the plots and check on the condition of the gravestones. While traveling to the first plot we saw my friend, Joe Ferrannini from Grave Stone Matters, rehabbing a stone. We stopped to talk to him. He asked me what I was up to and I told him that I needed to go back down the hill to section 75 because I think I just passed it. He then said "we are in section 75 now and what name am I looking for?" I told him "Ruoff, Theresa Ruoff." He then said "you can't make this up, there are higher forces at work here, I just finished working on her stone a couple of hours ago." He then walked me over about 100' from where he was working and showed me the plot and her stone. He of course did an outstanding job on her stone. Thanks, Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment