01 May 2017

1st of the Month : Back-up Your Computer Files

This is a point that I have not mentioned in a while. We all should back-up our computer files on a regular basis; just in case! One never knows what could happen to those important files, data, and perhaps photos. Electronics can crash at anytime for a multitude of reasons such as a hard drive failure or an electric surge. Either way if this happens, bye bye to your "stuff." I have had it happen and fortunately I was able to recover some data but luckily I had numerous CDs with my "stuff" saved upon them. Recently I purchased a Western Digital My Passport Ultra external hard drive for around $60 from Amazon. It is set to copy my laptop hard drive weekly on a particular day and at a set time. This is an additional way I protect my data aside from regular DVD and thumb drive back-ups.