12 August 2016

Deutscher Kreiger Vereine

This is not a post that I like but I feel the need to get it out. In January 2015, I posted a short article on the Deutscher Kreiger Vereine or DKV. In the post I attached a picture of one of the last remaining DKV flag holders in the area that I knew of. Over time there were some questions that readers emailed me regarding the DKV. One reader emailed me a few months ago and notified me that the DKV flag holder was missing from the gravesite. I mentioned perhaps the family removed it to clean it up or repair it. Recently I traveled to the cemetery where the flag holder was located and it was still missing as of last week. It is hoped that my article did not draw attention to it and then someone stole it. Either way if the family did not remove it, shame on whoever took it.


No comments:

Post a Comment