Patrick was son of Bernard Cummins and Catherine Dockey. Another brother was
- Frank, married Maria Cox
Bernard was later married to Bessie Lenehan and had the following children:
- Thomas Joseph, (1859-1943) married Anne M. Cox
- Catherine, (1864-1931) married Michael J. Gannon
- Martin Joseph, (1865-1954) married Ann Mary Gill
- Anne M., (1866-1927) married Michael J. Gannon
|Patrick J. Cummins|
At some point after immigrating to the states, the name Cummins had a "g" added to it. I have no clue whether Patrick did it himself or possibly custom officials. After coming to America, Patrick lived in Bennington, Vermont and was married to Bridget Casey (1843-1877). Patrick and Bridget had the following children. All born in Vermont.
- Bernard, (1868-1961) married Anna Hickey
- James, (1870-1872)
- Mary E., (1872-1939)
- Francis J. (1874-1967) married Mary J. Maher
It is believed that both, wife Bridget and son James are buried in Bennington, Vermont. Soon after Bridget's death, Patrick married Ellen Barry on 29 October 1877 in Bennington. By 1882, the family was now living in Catskill, New York. Patrick and Ellen had the following children; all born in Catskill.
- George H., (1882-1939)
- Patrick A., (1884-1932)
- Ida Winifred, (1886-1979) married Floyd Shultz
- Helen Elizabeth, (1890-1977) married Abraham Patrick Frank Shiel
- Julia A., (1892-1991) married Franklin A. Banks
Patrick and Ellen are buried in St. Patrick's Cemetery in the Jefferson Heights section of Catskill.
|Patrick & Ellen Cummings grave stone|