31 December 2014

Last Post in 2014: Plans for 2015

When in less than three hours 2015 will be here.  2014 has been a good year.  A lot was accomplished in my genealogy research and graveyard rehab projects but looking back I have been very unorganized with a lot of things.  I came back to genealogy in 2011 after a fifteen year hiatus. Although my research stopped because I went back to school I was still acquiring family info, photos, and miscellaneous stuff as it came to me.  I did not do anything with it aside from putting these various papers etc. in files according to family names.

After being away from genealogy for so long I was amazed at what I had found.  There were many paid subscription sites such as Ancestry and others out there that made research that much more convenient for me.  Also, numerous records were transcribed and put on the Internet.  Now I am not saying that you can trace your whole family online but the Internet has definitely made life easier.

When I started up again my intentions were to not do any new research until:

  • my computer files/data/sources were cleaned up 
  • paper files and photos organized, scanned and loaded into my genealogy software and organized in folders
However with curiosity I did a google search of my gggg grandmother's name, Allegonda Klep, which is a very uncommon name and found hits and ideas to other research sites where I was able to trace her line back into the early 1700s and her husband's line the Koreman's back into the 1600s.  I have since broke away from my initial plans of no research until everything else was caught up because I could not resist bringing my family lines back four or five generations further.

Now I have numerous projects started, none finished, perhaps 2015 will be the year that I see them finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment