11 November 2013

First impressions with online courses

Just a brief note on my first impression about the online course that I am taking from the National Institute for Genealogical Studies.  I am taking a course called Using the Internet.  Although the course only began last week, I am very pleased with it.  The course lasts for six weeks but you can move ahead quicker if you desire. So far I am slightly ahead of the schedule.  You can truly work at your own pace.  The "reading" load is not heavy and is interesting.  Assignments are only required if the student is working on a certificate in one of their programs.  Also I am finding out about many different "gateway" websites that were previously unknown to me.  These sites will definitely further my online research.  I will post a complete review after I complete the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment