08 October 2013

Cemetery Conservator & Preservationist

Recently in my travels I met Joe Ferrannini from Grave Stone Matters.  He is working on conserving a cemetery in East Greenbush.  I saw his sign on the roadside and I stopped and introduced myself. Aside from being a very friendly guy who truly enjoys his work, he is extremely professional and knowledgeable on all things regarding conserving and preserving grave stones.  Since I have been involved in a few small cemetery projects of my own, I decided to ask an expert if I was using the appropriate methods. Fortunately I was.  Joe was very willing to answer all of my questions.  And I had a lot of them.



The above picture of Joe Ferrannini at work was found online from the Saratogian Newspaper from July 2013.

As Fall fades into Winter, my cemetery jaunts and projects will lessen until Spring rolls in next year.  I will continue to try to preserve the grave sites of my ancestors as my abilities allow.  However if a project is too large for me to handle and I do not have the skills and materials to accomplish my task, I will contact and hire Joe.

Contact information for Joe Ferrannini at Grave Stone Matters, 518.424.9562

Some links about Grave Stone Matters can be found at
From the Troy Record
From the Saratogian
From the Eastwick Press

No comments:

Post a Comment